Part of the New London County CTGenWeb
Co-Coordinators John Beckstein & Pat Sabin
Last Updated April 23, 2013
Colchester Probate Office -- 127 Norwich Road, Colchester, Ct. 06415, (860-537-7290)
The town was originally part of Hartford Co., but on October 13, 1698 application was made by Michael Taintor, Samuel Northam and Nathanial Foote and the land was transferred to New London and received its name Colchester.
Colchester was incorporated into New London Co. on May 11, 1699. It's north boundary is the Twenty Mile River. The south boundry is on the northern side of Lyme. The west boundary joins the east bounds of Middletown and Haddam. The east and northest boundry run to the bounds of Lebanon and Norwich. In 1699 the population of Colchester was 1,991. Principal industries were agriculture, rubber goods and paper.
History of Colchester at the Town of Colchester web site
Cragin Library -- 8 Linwood Avenue, Colchester, Ct. 06415, (860-537-5752)
LINKS TO RELATED INFORMATION (use your BACK button to return here)
Back To New London County Town Directory
Back To New London County GenWeb
Back to CTGenWeb